This is the somewhat finished version of the painting I put up last week and I think it is an improvement. What I am finding about working in this demanding medium is that although it is true you can keep covering up the under layers, there is a wrong way and a right way to do it. I felt more comfortable with the process of finishing this painting than any of the oils that I have done up to this point. I will continue to figure out how to work in this wonderful medium and because I believe part of my mission on this blog is to show the struggles of furthering myself as an artist and helping you all to do the same, I will post a lot of my oils to show you my journey. I built up the texture in the front to bring it forward and to establish a sense of place. I also worked on establishing the barn as the center of interest and not making it a cliche. I also put a lot more light and form in the tree line. I am pretty happy with this painting, but now I need to start a new one. It never ends the process goes on everyday.Here is the painting as I posted it last week, it was really flat and lacked the feeling of this lovely landscape.